Secret Clearance & Security + Certificate Required
CEdge Software Consultants has an opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team supporting US Transportation Command! If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned IT experts, and meet the requirements below, this is job for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- installing, configuring, and maintaining server and workstation operating systems in support of business processing requirements.
- Responding to customer requests for assistance, including, but not limited to: password resets, account creating, and server/connectivity troubleshooting.
- Responding to tickets submitted by customers communicating system issues.Performing software (application) installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensuring system availability and continuity of business by implementing and monitoring a schedule of system backups. Assisting forward progress by researching areas of improvement and suggesting vetted improvement opportunities.
- Communicating all pertinent work efforts, updates, and changes to others.Scheduled after-hour updates and maintenance will occur up to once a week after hours.
- Strong BASH Scripting skills as well as Smoke and UA testing
- Ability to generate effective command line scripts in Linux OS
- Works well with others to troubleshoot problems
- Able to communication problems and solutions well with other team members
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Able to perform technical research and outline best practice solutions
- Able to assist others with technical issues
- Can develop new systems and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures
- Install applications and patches to Windows and Linux environment
- Troubleshoot networking and interconnection problems within a system and with external systems
- Understanding and management of virtual environments to include use of VMware
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Development experience is a plus
- Current Secret Clearance and Security + CE
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification is preferred
4+ years of experience in related field
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
CEdge Software Consultants, is an innovative IT consulting firm and a strategic business partner, that offers IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as to Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. At C-Edge, we pride ourselves on working as collaborative and integrity focused partners with both our employees and clients.