Senior Software Developer
Secret Clearance Required
CEdge has an opportunity for a Software Developer supporting the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). This role is located in Washington, D.C.
, and offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, due to the unique skill set requirements. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
The Software Developer will support both the Grant Management System (eGMS) and Applicant Portal. In addition to the necessary technical skills, the developer will provide interpersonal communications, team work, goal setting and business process improvement. Developer will work with staff to code applications and upgrade utilities within the system, to map data from the old system to the new system, perform extraction-transformation-load (ETL) tasks, and leverage web services to migrate data. The developer will need to be skilled in writing basic and more complex SQL queries, develop interfaces between www.grants.gov and the agency’s financial system, and be capable of developing standardized reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). The work will be performed in accordance with the Statement of Work at the National Endowment for the Arts, Office of Information Technology & Management, located in Washington, DC.
- Work effectively with federal and contractor personnel to execute the project tasks
- Collaborate with NEA and other federal staff and contractors to refine and elaborate requirements
- Develop test plans, scripts and scenarios;
- Perform data migration tasks using SQL scripts and/or web services
- Create, modify and document the necessary interfaces to transfer data between the agency’s financial systems and www.grants.gov
- Create custom reports using available tools
- Create custom utilities to provide data extractions, reporting and other tasks as identified;
- Application Design, Development, Support and Maintenance.
- Review requirements for software development projects and determining feasibility of such projects.
- Develop detailed requirements documentation, project plans for new applications, enhancements, changes, upgrades, new reports, and other functional changes to NEA’s software. Plans must address requirements identification and analysis, system design, performance measurements, application testing and release management, training, planning, and oversight.
- Develop and test software programs in a production environment that requires working knowledge of the syntax, capabilities, and limitations of the programming language and operating systems for a Microsoft environment.
- Work closely with system owners, system administrators and customers in all phases of work. Provides internal application technical support on a daily basis for application problem resolution.
- Participate on the tiger teams designing, documenting, developing, testing, and implementing shared services software program enhancement.
- Provide quality customer service through the development, production, and integration of software applications that enable customers to successfully meet their business goals. Upon NEA Steering Committee acceptance of an overall approach, determines a design strategy that attempts to anticipate directions of change in workload and Federal requirements to accommodate changes efficiently.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Senior Level experience in database programming, specifically with SQL Server with an understanding of database security, Transact-SQL programming, general administration and relational database concepts.
- Senior Level experience developing web service client software, preferably using Microsoft.NET/C# or VB.NET/WCF.
- Senior Level experience with Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Broad range of experience to include experience building windows services or scheduled utilities.
- Programming - Knowledge/competencies in the following programming languages and database technologies:
- At least one modern relational database management system (such as SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL)
- Experience with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- At least one procedural language that incorporates SQL (such as T-SQL or PL/SQL)
- Stored Procedures
- Query Tuning
- Software development concepts and techniques
- At least one modern programming language (such as C#, VB.NET, Java, C++, etc.)
- Algorithm creation and analysis
- ASP.NET MVC
- SSRS Reports
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Software testing protocols
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mates.
- Day One Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to work with the best Human Resource Department EVER!