Secret Clearance Required
CEdge has an opportunity for a Configuration Manager to support the National Geo-spatial Intelligence Agency. This role is located in Washington, D.C.
, and offers a very competitive salary, due to the unique skill set requirements. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
Mid-level Configuration Managers performs CM tasks and support the execution of configuration control, engineering and governance boards and forums activity to baseline, analyze, update, and maintain the technical baseline in support of interoperability, integration of IT services/systems, and IT governance for NGA and the NSG.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform Quality Assurance of all Requests for Change (RFCs) and similar change documents at all stages of the system and software development cycle development.
- Develop and maintain baselines.
- Ensure the CM process is documented, introduced, and implemented according to guidelines from the process owner.
- Conduct change and configuration management at the enterprise, project and program levels for systems, services, and capabilities developed using traditional and agile methods.
- Identify and implement opportunities in terms of process and tools to execute CM in a more agile and efficient manner.
- Perform and support configuration change tracking and documentation control to include, but not limited to concepts of operation, requirements identification and documentation, preliminary and detailed system definition, systems and applications interfaces (point-to-point and APIs), system design review, performance monitoring tools and production software.
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) updated.
- Perform audits on CMDB and Configuration Items (CIs).
- Assist the government to systematically control changes to system configurations throughout lifecycle.
- Review and edit technical documentation, as required.
- Associate Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent field of study.
- Mid-level working experience in Configuration and Change Management field of work.
- Work experience in configuration and change management principles.
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mates.
- Previous working experience in government or industry, within configuration management.
- Previous work experience using ITIL v3.
- Experience maintaining baseline and CMDB using platforms such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Previous work experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Previous experience maintaining the baseline for cloud-based systems.