CEdge Software Consultants, is an innovative IT consulting firm and a strategic business partner, that offers IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as to Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. At C-Edge, we pride ourselves on working as collaborative and integrity focused partners with both our employees and clients.
An agile development environment providing services to multiple teams in a Department of Defense, USTRANSCOM, Enterprise Integration Lab (EIL) located at Scott AFB, IL. The integrator primarily builds, deploys, and tests software to include portals, portlets, services, business process models, and patches on a primarily Linux platform. Thoroughly vets configuration changes to the environment, upgrades to system software, and architecture modifications. The engineer provides technical expertise in addressing problems of software integration. Review software deliverables to verify consistency and applicability to the EIL and industry standards.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Compile, installed and troubleshot various software packages for integration into mission critical Web Portals.
- Build, deploy, and managed virtual network environments using VMWare vSphere.
- Install, update and manage heterogeneous operating systems, including Redhat Linux and Microsoft Windows Server 2008/12 within the VMWare environment.
- Manage various sophisticated web portlets in Tomcat environment.
- Aid developers in troubleshooting java web portlets integrating into testing environment.
- Responsible for designing and integrating next-generation Continuous Integration (CI) environment into current infrastructure.
- Train new integrators in the policies and procedures for the test environment, and various operational and technical elements of the job
- 4-year Degree in math, computer science, information systems, or engineering preferred with 3 years of experience.
- Security + CE
- ITIL Foundation
- Strong Linux skills, to include scripting, monitoring, troubleshooting
- Knowledge of hardware, software, and network connectivity
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to work activities
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Communicate (verbal and written) effectively with teams, peers, and management
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.