|Job Description:||Engineer, Web Platform Engineering
Global Service Delivery is a team of Technology Architects and Web Platform Engineers responsible for the analysis and design of the infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with operational standards and principles. Our focus is on critical Operation efforts affecting Company globally and the delivery of Corporate Security projects.
Global Service Delivery’s Web Platform Engineers are engaged from the beginning of the design phase to work with the Technology Architects and other critical teams within Company to ensure that the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with Company security, scalability and availability standards.
Web Platform Engineers primary deliverables are the building, supporting and troubleshooting of Java Run time environments. They need to work off the design provided by Technology Architects and deliver internet infrastructure solutions that satisfy member, product, service and backbone requirements. Candidates should have an understanding of web security, 3 tier-architectures, SAML and mutual authentication. They should have a background in Linux and be able to work with openssl and keytool and other Linux facilities.
Have you ever worked with Web-Applications?
Have you ever worked with JBoss, iSAM, Apache, Tomcat, F5’s, WebSphere, WebLogic etc…?
Have you worked through a full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents?
Have you experience with technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test
strategy/test design, performance bench marking, release roll out and deployment plans,
Have you led day-to-day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet
service level agreements SLAs?
• Build, support, troubleshoot & develop middleware solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Company standards, processes and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market
• Participate in PoCs Proof of Concept and help the Department with selection of Vendor
Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for Company internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
• Provides highest level troubleshooting on unified internet solutions, unique problems or those impacting customer or backbone access and global performance.
• Performs lead role in reviewing vendor proposals and making recommendations
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in Company internet infrastructure.
• Leads complex initiatives and projects and have total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
All About You
• Systematic knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middleware.
• An understanding for security, TLS and SAML
• In-depth knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure design and/or web administration.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.