CEdge has an opportunity for a Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer. This role is located in Springfield VA. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
The Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer will work across Cloud Ops, Security, Development, Auditing teams at NGA to implement designs that allow for the vision of developers being able to quickly deploy applications that end users can immediately use. Roles and responsibilities include:
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Oversees and coordinates the work of Expert and Senior level Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer contractors
- Evangelize methodologies for building and operating highly available, scalable services.
- Provide leadership in reducing and resolving production incidents (e.g. Site Reliability Engineering).
- Look for opportunities to improve all operations processes.
- Evaluate, build and modify automation for deploying and operating production services.
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to Product Lines.
- Develop and design elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud native applications
- Crafting excellent documentation for respective projects and carrying ownership for the code and the instructional tutorials of how to use it.
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
This position requires a:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Five plus years’ experience with AWS cloud services.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Fifteen years’ experience finding and fixing critical, customer facing production issues.
- Experience in the development of object-oriented software with languages like Java, C++, Python or Ruby ideally in SOA applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mates.
- Day One Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to work with the best Human Resource Department EVER!