CEdge has an opportunity for a Functional Specialist/Advisor Level 4, located in VA
. If you are ready to work alongside World renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
Minimum Year of Experience: 20
Degree: Graduate degree within related field
Overall Assignment Description:
TAS has a need for Expert Photogrammetric support to NGA in the development of standards, their maintenance, and ascertaining adherence thereto, including implemented sensor models for both satellite and tactical airborne systems, and the formal verification and validation of exploitation tools incorporating such models for precise target geopositioning.
Duties shall include:
• Support Community Sensor Model Working Group (CSMWG) and related meetings by capturing and distributing meeting minutes, notes and action items.
• Assist in the preparation of routine and special topic briefings, reports, and white papers; prepares and distributes same as read-ahead material.
• Mensuration Services Program (MSP) support:
- Representing NGA and the government’s interests at meetings, planning conferences and briefings, providing liaison as necessary, and reviewing any necessary documents as needed.
- Serve as photogrammetric SME to assist in the coordination of the development, testing, maturation and integration of sensor models, geopositioning services, and/or GEOINT technologies.
- Review the mathematical basis of the various MSP algorithms and provide modern estimation techniques of least squares and error propagation.
- Validation Program support:
- Review the mathematics and CONOPS for the system proposed for submission for validation, and participate in the technical meetings that follow with the developers, in order to ascertain that the system meets the entry criteria for validation.
- Perform data analysis, including detailed mathematical and statistical analysis on each validation candidate.
- Review validation results reports that include full statistics, lessons learned concerning the operation and applicability of the sensor for target geopositioning, providing recommended guidelines for operating the sensor for targeting purposes and specific validation configuration.
• Community Sensor Model Working Group (CSMWG) support:
Skills and Experience:
- Support the CSMWG government leads to manage, run and participate in the Technology Evaluation and Requirements (TEAR) Subgroup with tasks such as:
- Plan and support TEAR subgroup meetings.
- Support the development of Community Sensor Model Standard (CSMS) compliant sensor models.
- Provide oversight for verification/validation testing.
- Provide SME to review and comment on formulation papers.
- Provide SME to work with the Services, government agencies, academia and commercial entities to identify and assess sensor math model technical characteristics for inclusion in future versions of CSMS.
- Prepare sensor model metadata profile formulations inputs
- Conduct standards reviews, revisions and crosswalks
• Expert knowledge (20 years) of various aspects of modern photogrammetry and least squares adjustment (estimation) that provides accurate and reliable geopositioning.
• Demonstrated experience in research in photogrammetry, data adjustment, digital mapping, sensor modeling, and automated methods for feature extraction and analysis, registration and fusion.
• Demonstrated competence in the critical review of technical/scientific documents submitted as the initial step in validation for photogrammetry projects.
• Demonstrated experience with geopositioning tools with a standard interface to exploit imagery of all types and from all platforms.
• Experience in development in utilization of various sensor models, especially the Replacement Sensor Model (RSM), a technique that modernized the old Rational Polynomial Coefficients (RPC).
• Demonstrated experience working on Intelligence Community or Department of Defense Offices and programs.
• Experience as long-term member of the Working Group, familiarity with CSMWG policies, procedures, and politics.
• Demonstrable or documented expert experience with standardization of sensor models as part of the Community Sensor Model, or CSM, initiative.
• Experience on Technical Review Team, or TRT, for the National Geospatial-intelligence Agency Validation of Geopositioning tools.
• Demonstrated experience drafting original validation documents, including entrance and exit
criteria, test data requirements, statistical data analysis, results summary graphics and
• 10+ years experience as member of the Technical Evaluation and Requirements, or TEAR,
subgroup of the CSMWG.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mates
- Full Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays