CEdge has an opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer located in O'Fallon. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you – right in your pocket. It is digital wallet to hold your personally identifiable information such as Drivers License and Passport information so that you are in control of your information right on your phone and will release to anyone only by your consent.
• This position will focus on mentoring a team of Software and Test Engineers in driving quality and performance engineering and testing processes for various applications.
• This position will own complete quality functional areas and must be able to define test and environment strategies.
• This position will provide leadership on areas of execution for functional, non-functional, white box, integration and reliability testing for applications keeping automation in mind.
• Drive adoption of development standards and engineering principles early in the life cycle through improved unit testing and code coverage, acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
• Proactively monitor customer insights and production issues to seek quality feedback and improve processes to enhance quality of the product.
• Position will lead the development and maintenance of automated testing frameworks.
• Create and maintain automation tests that will enable a better user experience to millions of visitors to one of the largest social discovery websites as well as emerging new mobile products
• Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
• Be an integrated part of an Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
• Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is tested as features are delivered
• Utilize automation wherever possible; supplement with manual testing, if needed.
• Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with hand on technical and quality engineering skills.
• Excellent technical acumen, strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills.
• Solid leadership and mentoring skills with the ability to drive change.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Eclipse IDE, Spring, JUnit, SOAP UI Pro, Selenium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), code review and scanning tools and configuration, branching techniques.
• Exposure to DevOps practices (continuous integration and delivery, tools such as Jenkins).
• Experience in testing Web services and Web projects.
• Experience in testing Mobile applications.
• Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
• Expertise in agile delivery, software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Chaos, software security and crypto testing practices preferable but not mandatory.
Nice to Haves
• Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Stash a big plus
• Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
• Working knowledge of using virtual machine environments
• Exposure to and understanding of XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, and PHP
• Experience working with relational databases and working knowledge of SQL
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mates.
- Full Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays