The IT Specialist applies experience with Red Hat Linux, Ansible, and Openshift technologies to design and execute projects for the IRS Linux initiative. Activities include upgrade configurations, delivery automation, backlog grooming sessions, ensure critical risk exposure is minimized, review and validate technical solutions are implemented in a safe, secure, extensible, and scalable environment. Work as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) including IRS staff and other contractors utilizing the Iterative Enterprise Life Cycle (ELC) development path and methodology.
- Support the planning, analysis, design, and execution of projects to complete Red Hat Linux platform upgrades using traditional, containerization, and cloud solutions.
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and integration points between supporting systems, processes, policies, technologies, organizations, delivery partners, project teams, and any other identified stakeholder groups.
- Provide upfront and continuous requirements analysis and engineering to understand, document, and communicate how non-functional requirements further define, refine, and constrain functional requirements.
- Provide continuous requirements refinement and decomposition to produce system, project, and “build-to” requirements needed to sufficiently inform development efforts.
- Perform technical integration planning.
- Provide technical integration support across multiple internal and external projects for testing.
- Conduct impact analyses of technical dependencies, make recommendations for resolution, and ensure technical decisions are communicated to all components of the program and owners of impacted upstream and downstream systems.
- Manage and maintain traceability from Technical Integration plans, including development, build, release, and verification schedules, to the specific, approved functional requirements.
- Support research and analysis, assessment, and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) efforts to establish or confirm accuracy, completeness, sufficiency, appropriateness, of solutions, designs, products, technologies, data, frameworks, processes, practices, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or similar technical discipline
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing and maintaining Red Hat Linux platforms
- At least 3 years of experience applying Ansible and Openshift to containerization solutions
- Experience using VMware and VMware tools
- Experience with various cloud platforms and migrating systems from on-prem to cloud
- Experience using agile principles and methodologies
- Java Programming
- background in RHEL server environments.