CEdge has an opportunity for a IS Security Officer Located in Madison WI. If you are ready to work alongside World Renowned Technology experts, and carry the skills below, this is the opportunity that will inevitably take your career to unbelievable levels!
The Architect leads and develops a strong community of analysts based on his/her area of expertise via training, mentoring, and quality assurance. The IS Security Architect represents Company in regional and national workgroups, committees and professional organizations, which may include the publication of articles in leading journals.
The IS Security Architect is responsible for the planning and execution of technical solutions for highly complex problems/issues which support critical goals for company The incumbent will provide consultative IT security services to departmental and organizational leadership and will guide other employees within the department. Responsibilities will include justifying system design and concepts to end users and other organizational leaders and mid to large scale project management.
The IS Security Architect maintains highly collaborative, trusted-advisor relationships with senior leaders across company and our partners. Aligned with these stakeholder colleagues, they develop program/project plans, proactively manages risks and issues, leads successful delivery and improves security in infrastructure and platforms.
- Conduct a thorough review of existing network design, ingress/egress points, cloud connectivity, and DMZ to identify improvements and recommendations
- Conduct a thorough review of all cyber security tools in use today, identify gaps/overlaps, and make recommendations
- Perform a cybersecurity process review to quantify risk (including how risk is calculated) for new and existing technologies and define the process for scrutinizing new technologies
- Serve as a consultant and escalation point within IS for systems security teams.
- Lead improvement teams and projects; lead the development and delivery of training relevant to area of expertise.
- Demonstrated experience with Network Elements:
- Network Nodes: routers/switches/gateways/etc.
- Network communication protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTPS, etc.
- Network topologies: point-to-point, mesh, hub-and-spoke, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Security Elements:
- Cybersecurity devices: firewalls, IDs/IPS, etc.
- Cybersecurity software: anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spam, etc.
- Strong understanding of encryption techniques: end-to-end, zero-knowledge privacy, blockchain, etc.
- Expertise with certificate-based security and encryption
Security certification: Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Expertise in vulnerability management platforms like Qualys, Tenable Nessus, Rapid 7 Nexpose and remediation strategies.
- Deep familiarity with offensive tools like Metaspolit, Cobalt Strike, Mimikatz, Impacket, Responder, etc.
- Deep understanding of operating system internals on both Windows and Linux
- Expertise with Active Directory, especially identification of vulnerabilities and remediation options
- Strong background in:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Device management
- Incident detection and response
- Mastery of NIST 800 security requirements, cyber-security framework
- Mastery of NIST Cloud Computing Security Reference Architecture
- Ability to think like a hacker (inquisitive) and an executive (disciplined/strategic)
- Ability to use threat modeling to simulate adversarial operations and build appropriate defenses
- Ability to independently evaluate and analyze IS clinical and business systems and develop specifications to create or enhance information security functions
- Exceptional analytical skill, innovation, and creativity to formulate and implement the mechanisms necessary to identify and solve problems
- Demonstrated success in project management methodologies and strategies; ability to problem solve and lead complex projects involving multiple teams, stakeholders, and resources
- Ability to gather requirements, provide analysis and measure outcomes
- Exposure to queries, scripting, and other programming languages
- Ability to interact with and work around people
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work and to manage multiple concurrent activities
- Ability to logically organize details
- Effective communication skills (written and oral communications skills, especially active listening and writing)
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote teamwork, lead by example, and ensure a high degree of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to clearly communicate technical and/or complex concepts or topics to a lay person
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in pursuit of broad objectives
- Ability to acquire and assimilate new knowledge and skills quickly
- Ability to provide appropriate and constructive feedback to other analysts and peers
- Ability to mentor staff
WHO ARE WE?
CEdge Software Consultants is an innovative IT consulting firm, and a strategic business partner. We offer IT solutions to Federal and State government, as well as, Commercial Enterprises throughout the United States. Our main objective is to create an integrity-based culture that takes pride in working as a collaborative team that focuses on growth and is driven by the desire to provide purely ethical services for both our clients and team mate
- Full Benefits Package
- 10 Days PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays