Overall Assignment Description:
Mid-level Systems Engineers employ a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NGA to ensure timely and accurate execution of corporate mission and functions.
Skills and Experience:
- Conducts requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis NGA, the IC, and DoD.
- Conducts planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Develops solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology and mentor Junior Engineers in developing these skill sets.
- Assists the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Supports the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assists the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Course of Actions (CoAs), Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assists the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design
- Must know the Acquisition Process to operate at the level of integrating multiple systems, services, processes, and interfaces across organizational and agency boundaries
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Systems Engineering or in related technical or scientific fields such as engineering, physics, mathematics, operations research, engineering management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Mid-level work experience as an Systems Engineer.
- Mid-level working experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including: DoD/IC Acquisition Process, Requirements Process, PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Mid-level working system engineering experience in government or industry.
- Demonstrated experience with Model Based Systems Engineering, processes, tools and languages.
- Demonstrated experience with Software Development Frameworks.
- Possesses INCOSE Associate System Engineering Professional (ASEP) certification.
- Demonstrated experience with in the field of geospatial intelligence.
- Possesses Membership or active participation in any of the following professional organizations:
- Demonstrated experience with the IC and DoD enterprises.