To lead and support development, maintenance, and deployment of functionality related to Metro’s Oracle E-Business Suite. This position will focus on the General Accounting and Financials functional areas and requires working with our business customers and our technical team to determine, design, and implement Oracle E-Business related changes that improve business processes and business effectiveness.
- Gather and evaluate business requirements. Determine approach to meet requirements with Oracle capabilities and customizations.
- Develop recommendations, business cases, and estimates for new functionality and changes in order to improve business processes and application performance.
- Develop, test, and implement new Oracle capabilities, customizations and configurations.
- Investigate Oracle e-Business Suite functionality, data, and interface problems. Determine and implement resolutions.
- Work with business customers to identify improvements, alternatives, or new capabilities that would benefit the organization.
- Document and estimate specific requests for new capabilities. Help to assess the value to the organization
- Document Oracle Business Suite configuration, support information, and customizations in accordance with Metro IT standard application methodology.
- Work with Metro infrastructure, database, and other applications development teams to ensure proper unit, system, user acceptance, and performance testing.
- Assist with, as appropriate, orientation and training of Oracle end users/customers.
- Mentor other IT team members as appropriate to help them grow in their capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- This role is 60% functional and 40% technical.
· Ability to listen and communicate effectively with all levels of Metro Organization
· Ability to document requirements, recommendations, estimates, and system information in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability and experience with estimating work and schedules.
· Experience working in a team environment and ability to work independently and set priorities.
· Ability to investigate data, application, and processes to determine problem source in complex environment and identify and implement potential changes and solutions.
· Understanding of information technology and Oracle standards, procedures, and best practices.
· Ability to work with business customers and understand their processes and functions.
· Ability and interest in staying current on Oracle E-Business suite and technologies.
· Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite modules, interfaces, and technologies.
· In-depth functional experience in the following Oracle e-Business Suite modules (preferably release 12.2.+): AR, CE, GL, iExpense. Additional preferred modules include PA, GMS, and FA.
· In-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL. Ability to develop SQL queries and PL/SQL packages.
· Experience with Oracle Application Framework (OAF), developing personalizations, html pages, and java class extensions within the context of the Oracle e-Business Suite.
· Experience with Oracle Workflow Builder and/or Approvals Management (AME).
· Experience with BI Publisher, Oracle Report Builder, and/or OBIEE.
· Experience working with Budget systems, performing administration and maintenance functions, development of interfaces, and end-user support.
· Experience maintaining external bank interfaces.
Degree: B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience required
Years: Eight (8) minimum required (Senior Level)
Field: Computer Science or related field
Filed: Oracle E-Business Suite